Sunday, February 8, 2009

02-08-09


Now before anyone tries to tell me that I don't understand, let me tell you I have lived in the area for 50 years. And in my younger years was known to accompany my father on ice fishing expeditions. My father and his brothers even had an ice jalopy. An old car that was stripped down, all that was left was the seats, engine, steering wheel, and windshield. Sides, top, doors and trunk were removed so it was lighter in weight and if it did break through the ice you could get out. He also had icy shanties. But why anyone would go out on the ice after 2 days with above freezing weather, especially when they had to cross over a plywood bridge is beyond me. Well Sheriff Bratton had it right. Idiots. And then the ones that went out again the next day to retrieve the stuff they left, Double idiots. I even heard one say that Sheriff Bratton didn't know anything about ice fishing. Yeah, he does know a lot about it. Like you don't go out when you've had above freezing weather for 2 days and a south wind and you have to cross open water with a plywood bridge. All I can say, thank you ice fishermen for helping to stimulate the economy in northwest Ohio. You have cost the taxpayers a few thousand dollars because of your stupidity besides for risking the lives of the rescue personnel. The next time you have a craving for fish, go to your local super market. The taxpayers of Ottawa county and Lucas county will thank you.

3 comments:

  1. LOL (noding in agreement) You sound a little bitter about that. My husband and I get so mad when our tax dollars go to some fool who just didn't think before acting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in ice fishing country too and totally agree with you!!! They should have to pay the money back that was used to rescue them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, it's gonna be alright. Great photo though.

    ReplyDelete