Sunday, March 1, 2009

03-01-09


There were 15 dog confiscated in a cruelty case in a neighboring county. A friend of mine works with this pound and knowing that I love Australian cattle dogs thought that this guy would be just my type. This is Bitzer, which is Australian slang for a mongrel dog. As in a bit of this and a bit of that. The rest from what I hear were all being kept in a pen outside, but Bitzer mostly stayed out with the cattle and had little human contact. Remarkably he's difficult to photograph because he stays so close to me. He's about 25 lbs and so fluffy. He's full grown. He looks like a cross between a ACD and a bear cub, but I think he's ACD and either border collie or sheltie. Can't wait until he gets more comfortable and I can get some better shots.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll love him! We just got a new dog this week too. I posted him a few days ago. We've all fallen in love and I'm even taking classes with him at Petsmart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!! Now I am not the only one on here with a ACD! They are so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete