Saturday, March 7, 2009

03-05-09


I suggested to Nikki, the executive director of Planned Pethood to have pet first aid classes. Dr. Kittsen McCumber is a board member of Planned Pethood, and also the owner of Animal Emergency & Critical Care in Toledo. She agreed to conduct the class. Being a medical professional I know how important it is to keep current on your medical skills, and even though I've taken the class twice before I signed up to take it. What a great class. The other times I took it they were conducted by a Red Cross volunteer, who in all honesty probably didn't have as much experience with animals as me or the vast majority of the other fosters taking the class. What a difference between someone that learned something from a book and someone who's been there and done that a few hundred times.

No comments:

Post a Comment