Thursday, January 15, 2009

01-14-09


Over Christmas we watched one of our former foster dogs while his new family visited Turkey where they are from. As a gift Arzu gave me a box of baklava. It had to be the best baklava I've ever had. Nothing like that stuff you buy in the grocery stores. I offered some to my husband and son who turned up their noses, but I had to persist and tell them to try one piece. Well when I went to the box what did I find for my dessert, it was empty. No more baklava. But the closest I can figure is that it was only good for 6 days and I'm sure that me eating the whole box by myself within the 6 days wouldn't have worked into the diet too well. I'm finally starting to loose again, so need to keep it up.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that considerate of them to help you diet?! Good job on the weight loss too! Keep up the good work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds just like a man. lol
    Congrats on your loss. (does that sound bad?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, a friend of mine made me home made baklava one time and that was the best stuff ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best diet management around - feed it to your family so you don't eat it all. LOL

    ReplyDelete