Thursday, January 15, 2009

01-15-09


Well right now it's 4ºF here in Ohio. When I was a kid and we had snow days Mom would make tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for us for lunch. Not having much time to make supper tonight after getting engrossed with the images on TV when I woke up today of the plane crash in NYC I thought I'd make this traditional meal from my childhood. Weight Watchers friendly of course. Tomato soup made with skim milk. And the grilled cheese with light Aunt Millie's 5 grain bread and low fat Cabot cheddar cheese. Add an orange and some fat free cottage cheese and it's almost like I'm a kid again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm seeing a trend here of food photos lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love food that reminds me of my youth. Good job making it healthy though. My mom wasn't as concerned with low fat in my earlier years so it's a trick scaling back on calories with old recipes.

    ReplyDelete